the knitting ref

Monday, June 04, 2007

All Good Things....


WOW! Lots and Lots and Lots of things happening!

I spent this past weekend as part of the staff of a soccer tournament not too far from home. The tournament began Friday evening and ended Sunday evening. 74 teams ranging in age from under-10 to under-19 – all girls this weekend (the boys part was two weeks ago). I had hoped to have some time in between duties to continue with my knitting – simple wash clothes to start. I do believe I am actually getting the hang of it!. But alas, with so many teams (and corresponding parents, siblings, etc.) there was no time! The games were great and it was wonderful to be out amongst all of those energetic kids and their very passionate family members. Maybe today as I decompress, I will get some QUALITY knitting time in. Hopefully, by my next post, I’ll have pictures!

One of you suggested a “visual” book on spinning, which I have ordered and should be arriving this week. As I have said in the past, I am fascinated by spinning and am eager to try my hand at learning. Diane was always soooo relaxed as she spun, and I hope to receive the same.

The bedroom project is also progressing. However, it has become a bit “larger” of a project than I originally intended. Things are such that it will make it easy to replace the bedroom windows at this time (original windows still in place since 1956 when the house was built). The paint colors I have chosen (a very rich green and deep blue for contrast) are looking good!

Until my next post, have a wonderful week!

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Glad to hear that the knitting is coming along! Washclothes are great to start, and so useful too. Keep us updated!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

The knitting sounds great, slow and steady.

Your paint colours sound lovely too - looking forward to some pics of both *g*

Cheery bye :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger sheila said...

happy to hear that you are still going at the knitting! can't wait to see your dish clothes! it is always a huge sense of accomplishment once you finish your first project that is useful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home