the knitting ref

Friday, May 11, 2007

When Pigs Fly!

I believe that it may just come down to “when pigs fly” that this business of knitting and spinning will come to fruit for me. So far, I have found all the neat books Diane had on knitting, including my favorite – Knitting for Dummies. And boy do I feel like one. I know it will all come, but this learning on my own is slow going. Yes, I know it would be faster if I took some classes, but there just isn’t time right now. So it’s very slow – knit one, purl two……..

Does anyone know – is there a Spinning for Dummies book????!!

Other things that are keeping me very busy:

Six years ago, the boy child tried to burn the house down by leaving an unattended candle on a wooden desk in his bedroom. It was a slow night that night for the fire department as we only had seven – yes 7!—engines respond for a one room fire! Even though we were able to keep the fire contained to his room only, smoke got everywhere. At this point, the master bedroom is the only room in the house that has not been repainted. Thus this weekend the paint brushes are coming out along with the oxyclean (works great on cleaning before painting).

The other big thing is that I’m in the middle of a new job search – sales or administrative – but it’s time to get back to work after taking the past few months off to care for and support Diane. If any of you have any leads let me know – needs to be a good people oriented company with decent benefits. Thanks in advance.

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger rho said...

remember all knitting is just 2 real stitches with some variations - Knit and Purl -- somehow that helps me when I get frustrated (newish knitter here also - about a year and a half) But lessons when you have a chance can be a good thing :D

On the fire - if you live in a small town you have to realize when a fire goes out as a structure fire - they go with worst case senerios until a chief gets there to let the dispatcher know what is needed. Better to send too many trucks than not enough trucks.

sorry no help on the job search other than to wish you the best ...

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger sheila said...

As frustrating as it can be to learn how to knit, it will be well worth it when you complete your first project! Keep at it!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I did not know Knitty Ref, but wish I had from reading her/your blog...I was referred here by another Christian knitter who was touched by your story. There is a new book on spinning that is very good called Teach Yourself Visually (from the series) Handspinning by Judith MacKenzie McCuin. I got it from Amazon. Spinning is harder to learn from a book than knitting but not impossible. It is rhythmic and lovely and can also be exasperating, frustrating and difficult when learning. But once everything clicks it is relaxing and fun! I am still learning that's why I got the book. God bless you in your grieving journey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home