the knitting ref

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!


Happy 9th Anniversary Sweetheart!

A year ago today, the Knittyref told all of you a fairy-tale version of our life. Yes, our life together has had some ups and downs as any relationship will. However, both of us said our vows to each other and really meant them – “for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health”. The first half of our life together was spent in the normal whirlwind of life that we all seem to be in – work, sleep, soccer practice, soccer games, go here, go there, do this, do that! There was little quality time for us. Then the Knittyref’s diagnosis and life changed. We didn’t stop living or doing, but everything became less spontaneous and had to be done in conjunction with her treatment schedule. Life became much more meaningful! Togetherness became so much more important. The second half of our life together has been the best and I will cherish and remember it forever!

Take each day and live it to its’ fullest. Always tell those closest to you how much you love them and cherish them. Be Happy! Be Well!

As I quoted a couple of posts ago:

If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you


Happy Anniversary Di -- my friend, my companion, my lover, my life – I was so proud and honored to be your husband!

3 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

Hi.

I wanted to say how lovely your post was. It is very clear how your relationship strengthened through the tough times.

The photo is lovely. I hope you don't mind me asking but was it taken in NZ? The bush behind you looks to me like the colours of NZ bush.

God bless.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Happy anniversary!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Steve said...

Mark, this is dearly said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home