the knitting ref

Friday, April 20, 2007

30 Days & Transition


30 Days…..

The clock has ticked off a month since the Knittyref left us. I am thankful that her suffering has ended and that she is at peace. But, there is such a void left in all our lives. A few points:

  • Diane loved Soccer. She loved the game. She was a student of the game; after all she was a referee. Fairness in the game was imperative. She truly believed -- “If you’re not having fun, you’re not playing it right.”
  • Diane loved crafts and was so incredibly talented – stained glass, quilling, needlework, crocheting, and of course knitting, spinning, and whatever with yarn! She was always the most relaxed when she had the needles going away or the wheel was spinning.
  • Diane lived the courageous life. Living her life by such phrases as -- Live well; Don’t give up; Be strong; Live strong; Never give up; Try your hardest; Have fun doing it; and Don’t dwell in sadness.

Diane lived the kind of life that is noble and brave and strong. There aren’t many people like Diane. She was rare and special and unique. She was a gift to all of us.

The Good Lord has a way of blessing us in the hardest of times. Diane was blessed by us and we were blessed by Diane.



Transition…..

Life goes on as we all know. Unless any of you have a major conniption, I plan to switch this blog over to the story of me – the hubster – and my assault or attempts at learning the fine arts of knitting and spinning. After all, I am also a referee and aspire to be a knitter and spinner. Of course, the other point -- What else would I do with the formidable yarn and roving stash Diane has passed on to me??!!!! I will need your help, please be patient!

And so the story will continue……

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger rho said...

I think it is a WONDERFUL idea and hope you get as much joy and comfort as we all do from what we all do. I know that Diane got the joy and comfort from it.

I have plans to learn spinning also - so you will be ahead of me in that area I am sure.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Good luck with your adventures in spinning and knitting! May you find as much joy and peace from these pursuits as Diane did and as well all do. I look forward to reading about your progress!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally charmed that you are going to start knitting and spinning. Felting is good too!

Melanie

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I would love for you to contine this blog,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home