the knitting ref

Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's All About Waiting....and Being Comfortable


Yes, it's the hubster. Thanks so much for all your prayers, comments, and thoughts.

It's all about waiting now--the knitting needles, the crochet hooks, the yarn stash, her unfinished projects, the swifter, the ball winder, and the spinning wheel....... they're all ready and waiting for the Knitting Ref.

However, the Knitting Ref spent last weekend at City of Hope National Hospital. At this point, there will be no more chemo treatments; just love and affection and hopefully peace. [It has been a four and a half year battle with her ovarian cancer.] We believe that miracles do happen, but without a miracle now, the Knitting Ref has come home to be comfortable with her family and friends as she gets ready for her next adventure in the journey of life -- of which, just may be the miracle.

More later.....

14 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Again, prayers for comfort and peace coming your way.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I came here thru My Nephews Knits and I offer my good thoughts to Diane and the rest of you. Knitters have to stick together. :-)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger rho said...

prayers for miracles going out along with prayers for peace, comfort and love of family and friends.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

I'm another one sent over from My Nephews Knit. You can know that I'm adding my prayers to all the ones already on their way. Best of luck, and stay cozy and comfortable.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Thinking of you! I hope you are able to enjoy this sunshine we have been having here in the IE.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Knitty and Hubster,

I have been checking in occasionally since we met you this summer at Big Sur. I pray for a miracle, thanks for giving me the chance to do that. I really am glad that I met you there this summer. Blessings on the both of you.

Melanie

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Count me as another one from My Nephews Knit. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Diane. And much comfort to your family as well.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Pink said...

I found you via Abigail's blog, I'm sending good thoughts, hugs and wishes for comfort and peace.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Bryony said...

I came here through Abigail's blog. I'm sending my prayers, hope and love for you both.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger lorinda said...

I came over from My Nephews Knit blog. I'm praying for you too, Hubster and Knittyref. May God give you the miracle you seek.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger LaVerna said...

Blessings and prayers for you all.God is gracious and kind and always hears our prayers.I am praying for your miracle.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Stephanie said...

You have my hopes for a wonderful journey through the next part of your life. My thoughts are with you.

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

My prayers and wishes for a peaceful journey full of wonder go to you and your family.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Thalia said...

My prayers and hopes go out to you both - and all of your family and loved ones. I hope that the K. R. is comfortable and surrounded by love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home