the knitting ref

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The End of the Battle.....


It’s the hubster – with very sad news. Early this morning the Knitting Ref was finally overtaken in her 4 and a half year battle with ovarian cancer and has passed on to her next adventure in the journey of life. She is now at peace….

The One with whom I was to spend the rest of my life with - is gone and I am devastated. I have spent the day trying to just get thru the day! The experiences the Knitting Ref and I have had over the last 9 years I would not trade for anything. The experience of caring for your spouse who is terminally ill is also something I will cherish forever. Today, I have lost so much and gained so much – thanks to these experiences and all of you who have become my friend through the Knitting Ref.

I have posted below the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, Perhaps Love, by John Denver as they are so poignant and speak of how I will remember our love so well.

Perhaps Love

Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home
Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself
and don’t know what to do
The memory of love will see you thru
O love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel
For some a way of living
For some a way to feel
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say love is everything
Some say they don’t know
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict full of pain
Like a fire when it’s cold outside
A thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you
YOU, through your communications and interactions with the Knitting Ref have become friends of the Kitting Ref. I would love to meet as many of you as I am able, as so many times she has shared things you have posted on your own sites or have made comments on this site. If any of you in the Inland Empire of California are interested, please e-mail me directly at mvref@aol.com and I will share info concerning the service we will be having for the Knitting Ref on April the 1st.

Bless You and Thank You for all your prayers, concern, caring, and love you have expressed for the Knitting Ref.

17 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Hubster, I'm so sorry for your loss. The knitblog world is now one short and much the less for it. I'm far away in Missouri, but that was the cool thing about this little online world -- that I could feel close to someone I've never met who lives halfway across the country. I'll think of you on the 1st.

My prayers go out to you and yours during this tender time. Much love and sympathy,

Annie

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger knitnthings said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Deepest sympathy to you and your familiy for your loss.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Words seem inadequate at this time. Your love and faithfulness has been an inspiration.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Prayers for you and your family.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Many Cyber hugs and prayers. She will be missed but I am forever thankful that I met her and look foward to the day that I will see her waling on the streets of gold.

May Jesus be your constant comfort and support.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger rho said...

I am about as far away as I can be and still be in the same country - know that prayers and comforting thoughts go out to you and yours.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Hubster, and I'll be thinking of you and your family. Knittyref dyed some beautiful yarn for me last summer in the Dye-o-rama swap, and it's still waiting to tell me what it wants to be. I'll think of her and of you when I knit it.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

You are all in my prayers. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated her donation of squares to the Warming Grace project in even the face of her own illness. She will have a special place in heaven. Please take care.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Hubster I am so so sorry for your loss & your children's loss of their mother. I wish you peace during this grieving time.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Pink said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Pat K said...

What a great sadness! I am so sorry for you and the family. She will be greatly missed by those of us who stopped in to visit. You will be in my prayers.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

My deepest condolences on your loss.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger ~S said...

Oh, Hubster,

I am so sorry to find out about your loss. The KnittyRef will be so greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Thinking of you & your family on this day where you remember & celebrate your wife. Peace to you.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Penny Karma said...

I just came to you through Rachele's blog (the ref's Sockapalooza pal) and I'm so glad that you've updated us, even with sad news, because you know that lots of us care. :)

May your memories bring you joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home