the knitting ref

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Still upright and moving (more or less)

I keep thinking I'm going to do a proper post with pictures and everything, but I've been feeling less than great, and the day seems to be over before I 'm barely started. So, I'll do a quick catch-up post for now and do something better by the weekend. Christmas was a very low-key affair and the family had great fun. I spent most of the day sleeping. I have been knitting. Nothing special--the brain just can't quite handle much beyond simple knit and purls. Nonethelss, I've finished a pair of socks, started a second pair, and make a pair of fingerless mitts. The chemo I'm currently on makes my extremities extremely, extremely sensitive to cold. I can't even eat or drink anything cooler than lukewarm. Fortunately, that only lasts for about a week, but it's still a pain (literally). So therefore, for the gloves. I just grabbed a super simple pattern and they work o.k., but I am going to do something else a little fancier too. I still owe you pictures of the yarn we picked up in NZ, and I've got to show you the STR "bonus" yarn that came in the last shipment. I hadn't signed up for 2007 because I wasn't real thrilled with the colors that had come, but this one is making me a little sorry I didn't. Well, that's about it for now. Time for a nap. But I promise to talk to you real soon.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Pat K said...

Merry belated Christmas and hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it easy - use your strength for knitting - not blogging. We can wait - just post a pic or two and we can fill in the blanks.
Good luck.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home