the knitting ref

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Show Off

Yup, that’s me. As we’re heading off on our adventure, I have to show off my yummy sweater. I actually have an FO. Amazing!
Pictures kindly taken by the Hubster.
[Back view shown headless 'cause of ugly bed head]
This is the Bettna sweater from the Noro Revisited pattern book. It’s made with 14+ balls of Noro Silk Garden, color 211. I made absolutely no revisions to the pattern. I actually think this pattern would also make an interesting sweater in a solid color. Something to think about.

I will say that this is the third Noro pattern I’ve done and, as has happened with the other 2, the pattern understates the amount of yarn needed. I suppose I could have done it with the 14 balls of yarn if I had just picked up and started at the beginning of every new skein. Because of the color variations and differences in each skein, if I had done that, there would have been a number times that the same color stripe would have been right next, or very near, each other. I wanted the colors more spread out.

I also have to show a close-up of where I had to do surgery. Can’t tell unless you’re right up on it, can ya. I’m soooooo happy. Love, love love the colors.

I am taking this on the plane with me. It’ll be my blankie while I sleep (and more than likely on my body the entire time I’m on the plane—it tends to be a bit chilly when they’re at altitude.)

Well people, it’s time to jet. Talk to you soon!

6 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Pat K said...

Have a lovely, wonderful trip. I'm looking forward to pictures! The sweater is fantastic, you can feel very proud of yourself. And I can just see it making a great pillow on the plane!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Well done! I'm glad you were able to fix it. You look so pretty in the "Coat of Many Colors".

Have a great trip:D

Cyber hugs!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Gorgeous! I love Noro and its amazing colorways. You look great in that sweater!

Have a great trip!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh, what a lovely, lovely sweater! Have a wonderful trip and wear it with pride. Gorgeous.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

such a gorgeous sweater! congratulations!!! have a wonderful trip!

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

The sweater is gorgeous and looks so good on you! Have a wonderful and safe trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home