the knitting ref

Monday, September 04, 2006

Long Time, No See

Well, without going into too gory detail, chemo once again kicked my butt, and in fact put me in the hospital with extreme dehydration. Once I was in there, they discovered that I had blood clots in my lungs. So no more of that kind of chemo.

I've bascially been a sofa slug ever since. Lots of sleeping, and not much else. I take that back. I have been knitting a bit on my Noro sweater. I'm now about 18 inches from putting it all together. I may actually finish it before too long.

I'm now giving myself shots of blood thinner twice a day (which isn't as bad as it sounds), and have met the with doc's regarding which direction we're going to be moving. We start different chemo tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

Family and friends have been very helpful and supportive. The flowers were from my niece and her mom. That's about all the energy I have for now. Hopefully, I'll have a better post soon.

8 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Well here comes some positive energy! I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way... tons of 'em. Take care of yourself!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Pat K said...

Hope you are soon back on your feet and feeling better!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Oh I was so worried about you!!!! I am glad you are home & better. Get well!

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Rose said...

aye. that sounds completely miserable.

i hope that the new chemo is less hellish. and the end of this week sounds good to me, but lets play it by ear-let me know how you are feeling.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Sorry to here you've had such a rough time of it. Hope you're feeling better soon. You're in my thoughts. Take care!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Cyber hugs and prayers are coming your way. Let every body pamper you, you deserve it:D

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

wishing you the best!!!! i've been worried about you. sending you lots of healing energy.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the knitter you met in Big Sur and I'm writing to send a hug and tell you to go find that stone and let it sit with you on the couch. Tell Mr. Spinner I said hi.

Melanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home