the knitting ref

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Moving A Little Faster

And just in time for the next round of chemo. Nonetheless, it was a productive weekend. The majority of it was spent working around the house so that when I'm laying on the couch feeling like s*$t, I won't have to look at the filth.

But there was fun stuff too. Friday night was spent at the Redlands Bowl. A truly lovely concert of Columbian and Venezuelan folk music.

Saturday morning I went to my first meeting of the Riverspinners. A small but extremely fun group of ladies. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to next month's meeting. In spite of the all the yakking, I was able to get a fair amount spun. This is some of the roving I got in Solvang. It's merino and I'm finding it quite a bit sticker than what I've worked with before. Not in a totally bad way though.

And I have an FO in spite of it all.
I'm calling these Libery Bay socks. It's the Dublin Bay pattern that's made the rounds on the blogs. The yarn is Lorna's Laces, Liberty colorway. I love the yarn so much, I'm making anklets from the leftovers. Don't quite have enough for a full pair of anklets, but I have some LL in white, so I'm knitting as far as I can with Liberty and then finishing off with the white. Or maybe knitting a bit, then a knitting a chunk of the foot in white and finishing off with Liberty for the toes. Or???? We'll see how I'm feeling once I get to that point.

Lastly, because I need another quick satisfaction project, I'm working on a Mason Dixon washcloth, bobbles and all. All I had was some varigated Peaches & Cream. Definitely not feeling the love. But it's good to hide the boo-boo's this first time around. Any more of these will definitely have to be done in solid colors. And there will be more. In fact many more. I'm thinking one of these with a handmade soap will make a lovely Xmas gift for quite a few peoples on my list.

Hope you have a lovely week.

3 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Your spinning looks great! Love liberty socks. Take care!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Monique said...

that's the reason I don't want to spin. I have so little time to knit that I don't want to share it with another hobby. I've even taken to listening to Audio Books so I don't have to give up knitting time to reading a book!

How long is the Chemo gonna last? I hope you will get through this quickly and feel better.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous rose said...

hey!

i am a knitter/spinner in riverside, going thru the blogs for heatherly's group, scoping out who my SP is! i don't know if it is you, but thought i would say hi.

how was riverspinners? i am a member, but havent been able to go lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home