the knitting ref

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lucky Girl

As promised, full disclosure of what my Knit Sock Kit Swap pal sent me.

When I got home from chemo last Friday, there was a package sitting on my couch, and I had no idea what it could be. A look at the return address told me it was from Debbie in Lincoln, Massachusetts. ????? What the heck was this? I opened the package, removed the (color-coordinated) blue and green tissue paper, and found this:

It was sure purdiful, but I still wasn't sure why Debbie had sent it to me. I opened it up and looked in: Duh! Head slap! (Well, it would have been a head slap if I had been feeling better) My KSKS pal had definitely come through.

I wish I could say I spent the time on Friday closely appreciating my lovely gift. In truth, once the mystery was solved, I set it on the end table (and gazed at it often), but that's about as far as it went until Sunday.



I was feeling slightly more human Sunday afternoon, and was able to give my gift a proper inspection. Some Lorna's Laces in the Island Blue colorway. Delicious. Fiber Trends Walking Away Socks pattern. 3-in-1! The DPN's and stitch markers to do the job. And some Massachusetts chocolates which I am only just now beginning to think about taste-testing. Oh yeah, and a lovely card which I still can't find in this *#*%&#! mess.

But the bag! A class act. Both the inside and outside materials match perfectly. Love the colors. The workmanship on the bag is first rate. And the handle is the perfect finish.

Once again, my dear, my bow down to your handiwork. Perfect in every way. Thank you veddy much.
And last but not least, the cats love the box (as evidenced by Nubbs).

Tomorrow, adventures in spinning!

4 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

What a wonderful package! The bag is beautiful. Can't wait to hear about your spinning adventures.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Pat K said...

Lovely. And aren't cats the best when it comes to boxes?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

What a great bag! I love that sock pattern... you'll have so much fun with it.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

That looks like a great package. I love the kitty in the box picture. Mine always gets into all my exchange boxes too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home