the knitting ref

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Trying for Cool Thoughts

How much can you get done in 100+ degree weather? Apparently quite a bit. Of course, there’s very little on the list that I truly wanted to get done this weekend. But it’s just too darn hot.

1. I finished the guy socks. By the end of them I was ready to pull my hair out. These were just too boring for words. But, these were a test knit to see exactly how they’d fit the Hubster. He will get better (all around) socks in the future.

2. Watched England lose. I swear, Rooney needs to grow up. You don’t ever foul like that when the ref is 3 yards away. You’re gonna get thrown out every time. First Beckham 8 years ago and now Rooney. Someone needs to speak to those English lads.

3. Watched France win. Woo Hoo! I am a huge Arsenal fan, and have thought that Henry is a class act from the word go. I’ve been rooting for them and I was just thrilled to see Zidane and Henry connect for the game winner. (We’ll just be good winners and won’t talk bad about Ronaldo, ‘K?)

4. Knit the Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. I had a couple balls of the Peaches N Cream in the Pink Lilacs color way and needed another quick gratification project. Mission accomplished.

5. Clean both bathrooms top to bottom. This actually was in the original plan. So was cleaning the rest of the house. A few other small parts look pretty good, but one can only sweat just so much before one gives up.

6. Attended a wedding. Lots of fun. A truly lovely couple and I think this one’s going to last quite a while.

7. Got some goodies in the mail. First, I won a contest on Rachele’s blog (recognizing the lyrics of an ‘80’s song). The prize was “goofy Japanese stuff" from the "100 yen store.” Love it all. The fan is certainly coming in handy in this weather. Some cute chopsticks. A little drawstring bag. A sushi eraser (good thing that was in English. I kind of thought it was candy). And 4 little bars of dark chocolate. Wish our $1 stores had such good stuff.


And last but not least, a package from my SP8 pal. A bottle of Euclan. Yeah! I keep thinking I’m going to get some for myself, but my pal took care of it fore me. And 2 skeins of lovely green alpaca yarn. I have no idea what I’m going to make with it, but it’ll sure be fun thinking about it. It will, however, be tucked away until it’s a little cooler. Oh, yeah, and there was chocolate in that package too. But it disappeared too fast to get a picture. Thanks Pal!

Sorry for the picture quality, but there’s no way I’m stepping 1 foot outside the door and make use of the natural light. You’ll have to make do with the cruddy flash.

Well, it’s 8:45 now and, according to Accuweather.com, it’s still 88 degrees. It feels hotter than that. But, I have no clean clothes for work tomorrow. Yes, I’m working tomorrow. With a skeleton crew and things very quiet, it’s almost like not working. At least I know the office will be nice and cold.

Oh well, off to do some laundry.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Hey there! When can we meet up @ Designer Hand Knits? Took my daughter & niece there today...had a BLAST!!! Have a great 4th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home