the knitting ref

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Out of the Fog (Temporarily)

Long story short, Big Sur was everything it has always been, but I was not. I started having bloating issues during vacation that only got worse as time went on. I was able to spin some everyday (it was amazing) and made two fantastic stops at Village Spinning & Weaving.

Without getting too graphic, this week has involved a new chemo regime that is kicking my butt, a paracentisis which provided some greatly needed relief, and a new port-o-cath placed which greatly improved drug delivery. It's been a nasty horrid week, and right now I just don't have the wherewithal to put a pretty face on it.

I've got lots positive to blog about, just no energy to do it. Just wanted to check in and let you all (6 of you) know that I'm still alive, at least for now.

10 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Good wishes and thoughts coming your way. Take care of yourself, Diane.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Please take care. We're glad you're feeling better!

Sounds like the spinning is going well--that's great!

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Glad your starting to feel better. Take care sending good thoughts your way.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wonding about you. I'm sending tons of positive energy your way *hugggs* Your SP8!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Monique said...

it seems to be a never ending battle. I really do hope you start feeling better. thinking of you and sending lots of (((hugs)))

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I was wondering how you were fairing this round. Some brighter news, there will be a new LYS in Redlands come late October.
Take Care.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

I've been thinking about you! So glad you are feeling better.

take care...sending you good thoughts and energy.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Cyber hugs and prayers for you. We can wait for all the pics and stories. Just get well.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Pat K said...

Hope you are feeling better day by day. Take care of yourself.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Heatherly said...

when i was pregnant they gave me the relief band bracelet for morning sickness. it is made for chemo. have you tried it? it has 5 levels of intensity and take sthe edge off so you can function somewhat. ( i puke all 9 mons, and average 6 IV's, and once had an IV backpack.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home