the knitting ref

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th Y'all


We are preparing to do the stereotypical 4th of July stuff. The University of Redlands does a fantastic fireworks show, so as soon as the Germany/Italy game is over, I've been tagged this year to go get out and get our place in line. The weather seems to be cooperating, for once. It's been cloudy almost all day, which has kept it in the 80's instead of the 100's of the past few days. The humidity I could do without, but I'm not going to complain (too much).

I've got my knitting lined up to keep me company--I've started the neck decreases on Amelie and she's coming with me as well as the Liberty socks I started during the U.S./Czech Republic game. That and some liquid (non-alcoholic) refreshment should keep me in good shape until the rest of la familia joins me after the gates open.

Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th!

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Happy fourth of July! Isn't it great to have a project to take with you?!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I looked for you @ the U of R. Where you knitting in pink??? I saw a woman knitting in pink yarn. I was there atempting socks.
Hope you enjoyed the show!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger wendy said...

I think U of R does a great job. I love the dog fight airplanes when we went 9 years ago.
I just found out that San Diego has barges out in the bay that corresponds with a radio station. I think next year we're gonna have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home