the knitting ref

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Proud Mama

Well, the Boy Child (maybe I should start calling him Man Child) got a full dose of what it means to be a citizen of the U.S. Today, he voted for the first time in our state's primary election, and he appeared for jury duty. Unlike the rest of us, he actually wanted to serve on a jury and was not just a little bummed that he got excused before even getting into a courtroom. Ah, civic duty.

And, for your viewing pleasure, a bit more evidence that I do, in fact, knit. What you see before you is the Golf Sock from Socks, Socks, Socks. I soooo love this book. It was a gift from my SP7 spoiler. I don't think I would have picked up the book on my own since the socks on the front are a bit avant garde for me. The one downer of this book is that the sizes tend to run small (at least in my opinion). The 2 patterns I've done from this book required upsizing on both. Maybe I'm just knitting for ginormous people (but then that would be me too since both pairs have fit me).

Nonetheless, these have been a fun, quick project, in spite of the intarsia on the heel. And, they are a stash buster, as I already had the purple (which is more color-correct on the heel shot) and white Jawoll Superwash in the stash. Bonus! These are my Spring Feet gift, and will be heading out the door as soon as I finish the toe decreases, hopefully tonight. They only took 1 skein of the purple, and I've got tons of the white left, so foresee a pair for myself in the future.
I'm also feeling inordinately proud of myself as I knit up a quick sunglass holder from some leftover Brown Sheep's wool. I hand-felted it this morning before leaving for work, so I'll have some pictures for y'all later.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Love the socks! Good for you using that stash yarn. Then you can make some room for so more.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Fabby socks! I'm think I might do a pair myself. Thanks always for sharing.

Your Spring Feet sock pal tells me that your sock will be in the mail Monday and is sending them Priority post. So mid week I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home