the knitting ref

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

KSKS info

Gonna get this out of the way for Scout's Knit Sock Kit Swap:

What are your favorite colors? Green in any way, shape or form. Lately I've been attracted to turquoise, oranges and yellows.

Are you a new sock knitter? No. How long have you been knitting socks? Only about a year, but now I seem to always have one on the needles.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? No preference

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? No preference, although I do lean more toward easily washable matreial.

Where do you usually knit socks? Anywhere and everywhere. They're the perfect portable project.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I just got a sock bag from Trek. Otherwise I've been using baggies.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I've really been enjoying the Socks, Socks, Socks book.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? Cuff down on DPN's.

What new techniques would you like to try? I don't know. Surprise me.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? DPN's

What are some of your favorite yarns? For socks: Socks That Rock and Lorna's Laces.

What yarn do you totally covet? Ummmmmmmmm . . .

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I don't play favorites.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Misti Alpaca lace weight.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Dark chocolate (or licorice).

What’s your favorite animal? Once again, I don't play favorites.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Dogs: Candy/12/cocker mix. Daisy/3/beagle-lab. Eowyn/1-1/2/Great Pyrenees. Cats: Nubbs, Inky, Mac, Felicity and L.B.--all 2-5 years.

If you were a color what color would you be? Forest green

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. Peasant blouse. What can I say, I'm a child of the 60's?

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? I love roses

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Do you have a wishlist? Nope

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home