the knitting ref

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Just So's You Know

Tomorrow starts a month of total bliss in my little world. The World Cup.

My family loves soccer, from playing, to refereeing, to teaching, to coaching, to watching. One of the highlights of my life was sitting in the Rose Bowl watching the Women's World Cup in 1999. And I've spent many, many, many an hour watching my kids play. In fact, that's where I'll be this weekend. Again.

Most of the first round games start at 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning here on the Left Coast. You don't even have to guess what I’ll be doing? And with the nightly offering of drivel on t.v., I will be Tivo’ing the rest of the day’s games for nightly entertainment, followed by early bed so I can get up the next day and start all over again. Can’t wait. (Course, we don’t want to go into the withdrawals I’ll be having come July 10th.) I’m nervous about the U.S.’s chances. They haven’t shown well in games leading up to this, but one never knows.

So, if soccer bores you, just skip over my commentary, straight to my knitting. Cause, obviously, that’s what I’ll be doing while watching the games. I’ve joined Yarn Monkey’s Knitting World Cup. The plan is to finish the Orsa Wrap. And hopefully several, er, a few other projects too.

Right at the moment, I'm agonizing over the L.A. Galaxy's lack of defense. The Galaxy is playing Chivas, and losing 2-0. Oh! Just as I say that Galaxy scores a goal. So they're only sucking half as bad. There have been years that they don't start exactly hot, but this year, I think the team has forgotten how to play soccer.
Such is the live of the soccer fan. Oh well, tomorrow's the World Cup. {Little Happy Dance.}

Let the Games begin! (Oops, that’s the Olympics, isn’t it. Oh well, it still fits.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home