the knitting ref

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hanging Out in Margaritaville

Oh yes I am. See?

My Spring Feet socks from my pal Abigail. Abi named them Margaritaville, and the names fits exactly. To steal from Mary Poppins (shocking!), they are "practically perfect in every way." I don't care that it was 90+ degrees yesterday, I didn't want to take them off.

Continuing the theme, this is what she put the socks in to send to me.

Hysterical! Not 1 but 2 different kinds of margarita mixes (lime and strawberry), complete with salt, sugar and a little ceramic ring to do your glasses up right. Already making plans to put this to good use.

But that's not all! (That makes me sound like an infomercial, doesn't it?) The mailman also delivered this.
I swapped with Trek for this ultra, ultra cool sock bag. When I saw she had music-themed material, my willpower dissolved. The inside is a really pretty floral print. This is a complete and total endorsement of Trek's bags. If you knit on small projects at all, you've got to have one. I've sewn for many, many, many years, and this is quality work, people. (Yes, I looked closely at seams and everything. She's even matched the lines all the way around the bag. For you non-sewers, that is a true sign of quality.)

Thank you so much Trek. Job well done.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Love the socks! Trek sure does make great bags. Enjoy your Margaritas!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Sigh of relief..they fit. I was so worried about that:D

Think of me the next time you ejoy a Margarita!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home