the knitting ref

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Did I Move . . .

. . . and somebody forgot to tell me? It is so humid, I swear I’m living in Florida. It’s 9:00 p.m. here, and according to Accuweather, it’s 87 degrees and 29% humidity. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know 29% is nothing for most folks, but this is desert people. I have family in Miami and right about now, I‘m sure the humidity is somewhere in the 80% range. I absolutely could not live like that. But here, we are keeping the house closed up for the 3rd day in a row. Usually by this time of night we’re able to open up windows and enjoy the cool outside. Ish.

Enough complaining about the weather. I’ll complain about something else. Just kidding.

Dad is keeping us hopping. His recovering nicely from his surgery, but now has an erratic blood pressure. If it isn’t one thing it’s 14 others. As a result I’m not getting much knitting done. I’ve started the toe decreases on the socks and that’s about it.

Since I have no knitting pictures worth sharing, I’ll share my baby pumpkin. I was all set to have a little garden this year, but all I managed to get planted was the pumpkins, some onions and some bush beans. This little critter is the Small Sugar pumpkin from Burpee. They’re supposed to be good eating pumpkins that get no more than 10”. I probably have half a dozen currently on the vines with this one being the biggest--about softball size. The vine was growing up the palm tree (that’s the background in the picture), but I came home from work this evening and it appears the weight of the fruit pulled it down. No harm done though.


And for the finale, I’ll leave you with a picture of the evening’s clouds out my back window.


4 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

I hope you dad gets better soon I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. That is a really cute pumpkin and I love the evening cloud picture!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Will keep your dad in our prayers.

I do like the sky shot. Do you know about Sandy's Saturday Sky watch. You should sign up.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous automobile insurance adjuster forms said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my automobile insurance adjuster forms site.
Have a great week!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger blogsurfer said...

What are you looking for today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home