the knitting ref

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bad Day, Good Day

I have so much I want to blog about (World Cup, Spring Feet, Dye-O-Rama, Secret Pal, Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash and other goodies too), but instead I'm just too whipped.

Boy child had another tournament this weekend. I was managing to get through Friday night and Saturday until (while I was in the middle of refereeing a soccer game) one of BC's teammates comes running up to tell me that BC had had a car accident (yes, he was driving) up the street. He told me BC was o.k., but I have to admit the last 5 minutes of the game were something of a blur.

We got to the corner and found that a guy had gone through the red light and smack into the BC's new (to him) one-week-old car. (*$&@#^%!!!) BC's fine, his friends are fine; the car not so much. Tomorrow we get to play with the insurance adjusters. Can't wait.

Once we got through the stress of getting the report and car towed and all that, I was exhausted! And no, I did NOT get to KIP. Not even 1 stitch.

He was stiff and tired this morning and ready to have a quiet day. I was not at all upset about that idea. When he learned the team won the semi-final, he suddenly perked up and was ready to charge to the fields (an hour away). This scared mama wasn't thrilled about his going, but he is 18 and he has always been raised to listen to his body.

I shouldn't have worried. He played a fantastic game. Didn't even act like he was stiff. Of course I was watching him like a hawk, ready to have the coach yank him if I saw even one little twitch.

And the team won! 1st place in the tournament. At least the weekend ended well.

So I have hope for tomorrow. I'm taking a mental health morning from work to watch the US play, and I'm hoping to get some things done (maybe a lot if the game gets too nerve wracking) before I have to go to work. So hopefully, there will be lots of posting tomorrow. Don't hold your breath though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home