the knitting ref

Monday, June 12, 2006

And That's All I'm Going to Say About That

The U.S./Czech game was an embarassment. The boys (can't call them men) looked scared before they even stepped on the field, and they acted like it through the entire game. No offense whatsoever. Come on people, they didn't get called offside even once. Where's our National Team? They aren't in Germany.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I was up at 5:00 this morning. Couldn't sleep. Too much happening lately. I'm hoping things quiet down soon. Unlike my usual M.O. (sitting on my butt drinking coffee) however, I got a surprising amount done.

1. Finished a shawl I have not mentioned even once. It's blocking as we speak.
2. Wrote a note to my Spring Feet pal. The socks I blocked last night were not quite dry, so I can't mail them till tomorrow, but everything's ready as soon as they dry.
3. Overdyed my Dye-O-Rama skein. What I had was close to what I wanted to send away, but there were a few areas that needed a little extra attention. It's solar cooking as we speak, and hopefully tonight it will rinse out and be ready to go out by Wednesday.
4. Started another pair of socks. Not the ones I need to have done by Sunday. I started a pair using Lorna's Laces Liberty (Red, White & Blue). Was trying to give our guys a little mojo, you know?
5. Worked on the Boy Child's new curtains. He starts his new job tonight. He'll be working the night shift at a "major home improvement center", stocking and cleaning the store. Since that means he won't be sleeping until daylight, he needs some black-out curtains. I got some dark navy twill to make a roman shade for his big window, and a tailored curtain for the smaller window. I'll have them done enough that his room will be dark by tomorrow morning, but I probably won't be able to have them properly installed until the weekend.

Whew, I'm tired just looking at that. I've got to finish up work, and then hopefully, pictures of most, if not all that stuff tonight.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Sounds like you got a lot done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home