the knitting ref

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sing Along

Knit a little, clean a little, knit a little, clean a little, rest, rest, rest, knit a lot, clean a little more.

Sung to the melody of Pick a Little, Talk a Little, from the musical The Music Man

I know, it’s probably way before your time for most of you, but that basically sums up my weekend. My stamina is not improving at a pace I’d like, but since I don’t want a relapse either, I’m trying to be prudent and mot push too hard. But since the rest of my family seems to be able to live in filth up to their eyeballs, it’s not easy.

Yesterday was my Mama’s birthday. This remarkable lady is a force of nature. You would hard pressed to guess her age. I have been hugely blessed to have her as a mother. She is a big reason I am the woman I am today. She will drop everything at a moment’s notice to aid those she holds near and dear. Everyone she ever meets immediately falls in love with her. And, don’t bother to shake her hand, she’s a hugger. (She even hugged the teenager to rear ended her and totaled her car.) But don’t get on her bad side. She can be scary I tell ya. (Something else I got from her.) I absolutely adore this woman. Here’s hoping for many, many more!




In other news, the SockapalOOOza socks are progressing, although not so much yesterday as we were busy with birthday celebrations. But since my pal discovered my blog (Hi Mo!), I’m going to prolong her agony by not showing any pictures. Yet.

Moving on--I get Berroco’s Knitbits by e-mail, and I have to say most of the patterns are something I would NEVER in a million years do. But just about the time I think I should unsubscribe, some little goodie comes along like this:


I know, it’s a silly little keychain, but I have loved this colorway of Suede. I just couldn’t figure out what to do with it. And, it’s quick. Like 10 minutes. (O.k. 15. It takes way longer to cut the yarn than twist it up.)

Suede is not my ONLY yarn purchase. Nope, I bought these:

To make a mitred square baby blanket for my nephew. Too bright? I don't care. I love these colors. But are you listening SYAC people? No sock yarn purchases for over 6 weeks now. Oh yeah!

And because I have been so text heavy lately, here’s a gratuitous kitty picture. I normally will have 1 or 2 cats perched close by when I’m on the couch, but since I got home the hospital, we’ve been having nightly fights over who sits on mommy’s lap. Here were last night’s winners: Inky (White/Brown), L.B. (Grey tabby), and Mac (black).

Well, back to it. (Knit a little, clean a little . . . .)

5 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! Many happy returns of the day. The Encore will make a great baby blanket. Can't wait to see it take shape. And thank you very much for getting the knit a little song in my head...I'll have to return the favorite with something equally ... um ... annoying! [smile]

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

It looks very cozy laying with all those cats. I don't know how you getting any cleaning done. Happy Birthday to your mom!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I am glad you are recovering. Happy Birthday to your Mom! Hugs too!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Oohhh, the agony.

Birthdays and Kitty's make it all better.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama!

Most obviously from the Music Man. I got it as soon as I started reading your lyrics. But then again I am a musical nerd... and proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home