the knitting ref

Friday, May 12, 2006

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

Look what I found when I got home last night. A return address I didn’t recognize. Could it be?

It didn’t take long to rip the box open and peruse the contents. No pictures of the stuff inside the box as I was too busy investigating everything.

Postcards. Yes plural. My wonderful pal lives in far off Japan, but was born and raised in Missouri. Quite the difference in locales there. Some lovely dark chocolate with mint that had to be immediately sampled. Yum. The little cake was intriguing. The labels, front and back, are ALL in Japanese. Not even a hint as to what it might be. Sniff, sniff. No clue there. Fortunately, her letter, on the lovely stationery with a picture of Mt. Fuji on it, says it’s “green tea soap.” Oh goody! Can’t wait to give that a try.

But the piece de resistance (aren’t I bi-lingual are these days).

Socks in Broncos colors! For when I’m watching my beloved Broncos play next winter. Her letter provided quite a chuckle. She writes, “As a life-long KC Chiefs fan, I hope you appreciate the sacrifice involved in making Broncos socks!” Sacrifice recognized and appreciated. For the uninitiated, the Chiefs and the Broncos are in the same division and, as a result, play each other 2 times a season. Quite the rivalry. The only team the Broncos like less than the Chiefs are the Raiders--and nobody likes them. But that’s for another post.

My pal is Rachele, and I feel very, very lucky. Her plate is very full these days and I'm amazed she was able to crank these babies out. I’m really looking forward to spending some time getting to know her. Thank you, thank you, thank you Rachele. Job well done.

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger rho said...

oh those are totally cool - if you wear your socks they will win more you know....

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Hi Diane!
Whew, I'm so relieved the box finally arrived. My sister or FedEx was about to get an earfull...
I'm glad you liked everything. I got your email too; I will respond soon!
Rachele

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

What a great package. Love the socks!

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home