the knitting ref

Monday, May 15, 2006

More Catch Up

I suddenly realized that I hadn't posted by answers to the Dye-O-Rama questions. I actually am not too picky--other than no pink!--so I don't know how much this will help/hinder. But it gets it off my to do list.

Your favorite colors? Already answered this to her, but for anyone else who hasn't heard this (several times): GREEN--all flavors.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? I tend to prefer the lighter weight yarns, but will occasionally go for a project in the heavier weights.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Depends on the project.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? No preference.

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? No preference.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Earth Song.

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Trying something new.

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Just a few times. But I want to do more, more, more!

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I'm not experienced enough to have a preference.

Do you spin? I'm going to. Soon. (See previous post of 5/14.)

Have you knit socks before? Yup.

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? If it fits the pattern, anything goes.

What are some of your favorite yarns? No strong preference.

What yarn do you totally covet? Anything with Alpaca. Not really applicable for this swap, I know.

Next 4 deleted as I got nuttin' to say.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate.

What’s your favorite animal? Other than my dogs/cats?

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Dogs: Candy-12/Cocker mix; Daisy-2/Beaglador (Beagle/Lab mix); Eowyn-1/Great Pyrenees. Cats: Nubbs-5; Mac-3; Inky-3; Felicity-2 1/2; L.B.- 1 1/2. All but Eowyn are rescues.

If you were a color what color would you be? My favorite color.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s). Huh?.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? My favorite place (at least up until now): Limekiln State Park.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. My current favorite: Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Do you have a wishlist? Only in my head.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for filling this out! I'll definitely take it all into consideration. Also, props to you for rescuing so many animals. And a Great Pyrenees? ADORABLE!

I'll be in touch!
-Your Dyeorama swap buddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home