the knitting ref

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mission Accomplished

I got the word that my pal got her socks. Since she knew my blog, I couldn't post until I was sure she had them. So, without any further ado:

I give you the Purl Lace Socks from the Socks, Socks, Socks book which was gifted to me by my SP7 pal. The yarn is Lorna's Laces in Lilac, and these were done on size 1 dpn's. I modified the pattern in that I didn't carry the design down the foot. I didn't think it'd be very comfortable in a shoe.

If you'd like to see them gracing her footies, check out Monique's blog.

Spending the day yesterday at COH, I was able to get the heel turned and the gusset just about finished on Mama's sock #2. But I needed a little break from socks. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) In truth, in between my CT scan and Dr.'s appointment, I decided to go check out Skein in Pasadena. Bad idea. Lots of yummy yarns that my LYS's don't carry. Including Jaeger Trinity. It's a silk/cotton/polymide (btw, what animal does a polymide come from? ;D) blend. I picked up color 431, which is a great lettuce-y green. And a pattern book to make Allina (sp?) (It's the green sleeveless top to the lower right.) And it just magically cast on, all by itself. Now if only it would just magically knit itself up.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

The socks are beautiful.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Hi Diane!
Lovely socks.
BTW--polymid=nylon in French. Though I've often seen Americans mistranslate it; assuming because it starts with a P that it must be polyester.
I envy you and all those great LYS in your area!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home