the knitting ref

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Harumph

Can't think of a decent title, so that's what you get.

I haven't been able to post. We're temporarily down to one vehicle (I don't want to talk about it), so having to drop off and pick up the Hubster from work means less time around home to get the necessary things done, much less the fun stuff. That doesn't mean I'm not knitting. See, see?

Job #1-Mama's socks all done. She and I are very pleased with the result. And I can't believe the compliments I've received while I'm KIP'ing. I need to find some more of this yarn. It's Sockotta Fair Isle (#6673?). I've seen it in oranges and blue/purples, but I want to make me a pair with this colorway. After I'm off my yarn diet in July, I'll start looking in earnest.


Exhibit #2-The Moderne Baby Blanket from the famous MDK book. On the blog, Ann (Kay?) talked about not wanting to knit the blanket in beach ball colors. Well, that's exactly what I'm going for. A big bright beach ball. The pattern also calls for only 4 colors, but I'm doing 5. After the purple section, I'm adding orange. I was a bit hesitant at first, but it's has grown on me big time.

I've also cast on for the Spring Feet socks. I'm trying to knit these 2 at a time on circulars, but you're NOT interested in a picture of 2 socks about 6 rounds in. Boring! There is also no good way to picture my progress on Amelie. Unless you're titillated by pictures of green, long, skinny rectangles. I didn't think so.


And I'm way, way slow in posting this, but I leave you with the pretty card (yes, it's a card) my SP8 pal sent me. Looks like a hydrangea (lilac?) nosegay. Very nice. Thank you SP8. St. Louis huh? Too bad I don't have time to go blog surfing.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

The socks are beautiful! I really like the baby blanket in those colors.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I'm with kelly -- love those socks (is that brown or black in the dark stripes) and I love the baby blanket. I really must spend some more time with that book.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Shelby said...

Yep, those are hydrangeas...pretty ones, too! :) Love the socks, and I like the baby blankie idea. I have 4 friends all giving birth this summer, so I have to get on the baby blanket train here right quick!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the card...you have a big package on its way!! I hope you enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home