the knitting ref

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Big Tease

I know I keep promising a big update, and I will. No, really. I've just run into some difficulty with my Sock pal socks, which will be amusing (in about 30-40 years), but I'm having to redo sock #2. I was really sure I'd be done by now, but somehow, while sock #2 was sitting in my car while I was in the hospital, there was some weird chemical change to the yarn that lightened it substantially. I'd say it was sun damage, but it was inside a plastic bag under a jacket. Heat maybe? I don't know. All I do know is I've had to start from square 1. But no worries, Mo. I will have them to as like I promised. Your patience is soooooo appreciated.

Although I haven't received my socks yet (not complaining, mind you, just using this by way of introduction), the postman has been busy making deliveries to my domicile.
Exhibit A:

2 of the hottest knitting books out there. Amazon was offering a package deal for the 2 of them together. How could I resist. I've only been able to skim through them. They look as great as all the talk out in Blogland says they are.

I also got my Knitpicks order. It came really fast too. 3 skeins of Dye Your Own Wool for Dye-O-Rama, together with a book on dyeing yarn, and some goodies to spoil my SP8 pal. And, the Fair Isle sock pattern. And, uh, some sock yarn for the Fair Isle sock pattern.

I completely fell off the wagon (all on 1 day though), and got some Opal Prisma yarn in green and Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn in the Birches colorway. Both were on sale, and just jumped in my bag. What can I say?

Pictures of all the yarn-y goodness will be forthcoming. No, really.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sockpal--

Sorry your socks haven't arrived yet! I left them with my sister Saturday with instructions to FedEx them, so they should be gracing your doorstep any time now! Sorry about the wait; last week was insane, to say the least. Sorry that you have to redo one of your socks. Hope you're feeling better!

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Those books are great I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I don't think I would be able to sock yarn that was on sale either!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger trek said...

I really liked Stephanie's new book. Haven't read the MD Knitting yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home