the knitting ref

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Been a While

Despite my protestations about being bored spitless, I have not spent any time on my blog (although I've spent lots of time surfing). Doing things 1-handed doesn't twice as long, it's more like 4 times as long, so typing isn't real high on my list.

But because Secret Pal 8 is starting and I can cut and paste a lot of this, I'm posting today.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm an alpaca addict. I'm not much of one for novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have 3 generations of needles/hooks, and so I keep them in a ginormous plastic divided case. Not pretty, but it keeps everything together.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I was originally taught when I was a kid, but have only really picked it up in the last 3 years. I would put my skill level at a beginning advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope--too lazy.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I am definitely a "spice girl" in this regard--vanilla, cinnamon and the like. Citrus is another favored scent

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I am a chocoholic from the word go--the darker the better.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Oh dear, I could use up a lot of bandwidth here. I sew, cross stitch, needlepoint, do stained glass, quilling, flower arranging, woodworking, and all kinds of home improvement projects around the house (heck, the house is just one big DIY project). I want to learn to spin, but that's on hold for now.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) It's easier to say that about the only kind of music I'm not wild about is rap and hip hop. Now I don't want to brag, but the Hubster and I have a huge CD collection, and I know there's several CD's in just about every category there is. The computer loves digital music.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love, love, love green. Also into turquoise, yellows and oranges lately. I am NOT a pinky pink person.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? As my profile states, I'm married with 2 adult (in age only) children. 5 cats, 3 dogs and 1 bird are my only pets. ;-)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Love scarves and mittens, not so much on the hats and ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Lace.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, socks and more socks (gifts), and baby things for my nephew's upcoming child.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? That's the best kind!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I'm an equal opportunity needler. It's more dependent on the project.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both, and I wouldn't want to be without!

17. How did you learn to knit? My mother and both grandmothers all had a hand (pardon the pun) in my knitting education.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? Knitting--only about 1-1/2 years. Cross-stitch? My daughter is 20 and I started a Xmas stocking when she was 2 months old. You do the math.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Do I have to pick a favorite? Sorry, but I'm one of those "nuts" who has an article of clothing of Valentines, St. Patrick's, 4th of July, etc., and decorates accordingly

20. Is there anything that you collect? I didn't start the collection myself, but I've been given so many angels, especially since I was diagnosed with cancer, that now I'm hooked.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Nothing I'm particularly antsy to get. Some of the best ideas I've gotten are from other people, so I would enjoy trying a "whatever" that my SP thought was particularly enjoyable. Oh, and no subscriptions.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Knitting continental.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yup. My foot is 9 inches long, 8-3/4 inches in circumference.

24. When is your birthday? October 5.

Well, there you go. Only 30 hours (and you'd better believe I'm counting) until knitting freedom.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from your Sockpal!
I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you're feeling better, and that it's after 5 pm on Tuesday and I didn't make it to the post office in time! But, I will try to get there in the next day or two and get your socks on the way to you...
Have a great day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home