the knitting ref

Monday, April 10, 2006

Southern California, I'm Sorry

As Southern Californians already know, and for those of you elsewhere who don’t, the weather this week is scheduled to be less than spring-like. And y’all, it’s my fault. I humbly apologize.

You see, 8 years ago tomorrow, I married my soul mate. The wedding was absolutely lovely. The reception, a lot of laughs. And through it all, it absolutely poured. Because I had broken my wrist just prior to the wedding, we decided to postpone a “real” honeymoon and drive up to Big Bear to spend the weekend. Torrential rains in the lowlands=snow in the mountains. After we made the rather treacherous trip up to the cabin, the Hubster turns to me and asks, “Is this normal weather for April?” To which I confidently replied, “Of course not.”

The next year, still on our newlywed high, we made a weekend trip back up to our honeymoon hideaway. And what kind of weather did we have? Snow. And again the following year, when it was time to again make the pilgrimage? Snow.

In fact, it has rained (“down the hill” as the locals say) every year around our anniversary--plus or minus 1 week. Some years, we’ve almost made it completely “dry,” but there has always been that small shower in that 2-week period. People, I’ve lived in Southern California my whole life, and I swear I don’t remember this kind of weather smack dab in the middle of April. Until the Hubster moved out here from New Mexico. Mother Nature is just loving to mess with us. In fact, the weather seems to be in direct proportion to the grandiosity of the anniversary plans. A couple of years, what with soccer tournaments and chemo regimes, we haven’t done much of anything. Those years=reasonably good weather.

This weekend, we’re planning on heading back up to our cozy hideway for the weekend. On the Goldwing. And the weather forecast? C'mon, do I really have to say it?

Really people, I am sorry.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Yep, all your fault. Weather here can be very wierd. I remember at my Dh graduation in 1994 from college, freezing at the end of May. Go figure. I guess when it is nice 90% of the time, we have the right complain about that other 10%, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home