the knitting ref

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Resisted Temptation. Really.

After work, I went to my LYS’s project night (cause we can’t use that “other” name), and I’m glad I did. I spent most of the afternoon dragging, but once I got there, started gabbing, and knitting of course, I perked up a lot. Nancy’s getting ready for her trunk shows in mid-May, and she’s got a lot of new really great yarns in. But I resisted.
What’s this then? This is this month’s sock club selection from TheKnitter.com, and I have to say I think I like this one best of all. The yarn is Trekking XXL with the exciting color name of 78. The pattern is called Haleakala, and it’s a neat looking lace sock with a picot cuff. It’s hard to resist casting on immediately. But resist I must.

I think I’m over my SockapalOOOza angst. This new pattern is going along swimmingly. The pattern is easily contained in my pea brain. I was able to work on it at the LYS and I’ve got about 3 inches of the leg done. These will not, however, photograph well until they're all done and blocked. I should be mostly, if not all, done with these by the end of the weekend.

Then the Hubster’s (2) and Mama’s (1 more) socks by April 30th. I won’t jinx myself by saying no problem, but . . . you know.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Both the sock yarn and pattern are beautiful. I've been meaning to try the Trekking yarn but haven't had the chance yet.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Emma said...

That pattern looks great. I'll be checking back to see your progress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home