the knitting ref

Monday, April 03, 2006

I Love the Mail

First off, I got my Silver Thaw from Little Knits in the mail today. Such yarny goodness. I still had my ball winder at work, so I wound up the first skein and immediately cast on for Orso during lunch. Be still my heart. There's not enough to make taking a picture worthwhile, but if things work out, I'll be posting tomorrow.

The second goody I got in the office mail just made me smile. Let me start by saying that for the last 5 years, I have participated in Read Across America at an elementary school in town. I love it. They give me the kindergarteners and first graders. They're the best; you get to be so goofy and they just eat it up.

So last month, I was doing this:


And today I got this in the mail:
Perfect likeness, don't 'cha think?

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Julie said...

Don't you just love kids' drawings? Looks just like you - that's quite the arm you have there ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home