the knitting ref

Friday, April 28, 2006

Home--You’d Better Believe It’s Sweet

Yes, I’m home, home, home! Thank you to one and all who sent me all the well wishes. They do a body good.

I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going make here. The doc told me Wednesday night that I was going home the next day, so of course I was up early (as if you aren’t disturbed anyway what with all the blood letting, er, taking, and the like) and I waited. And waited, and waited some more.

The doc finally came in about 1:00 and finally started the wheels rolling. I’ll spare you the gory details; all I’ll say is I’m not what the nurses call an “easy stick.” Right now I’m feeling more affinity with pincushions than I am the human race. I finally took my first breath of freedom around 7:00 P.M. After an hour drive home before my lil’ head got to hit my own pillow.

I’m feeling very, very much better. I still have a few more days of IV antibiotics, but the worst part of the whole thing is that, because of the catether’s location, I can’t knit. I was doing a bit of knitting between naps, however, part of yesterday’s horror show was that the IV came out and they couldn’t find any other vein to use but one right on my wrist. After several pokes to get this one, I’ll let my arm completely atrophy before I bend my wrist and risk a repeat of Thursday’s fun and games.

But I tell ya, I’m going through withdrawals. Nobody at work can understand why I want to work half days. I’m going through all my books, and I’m can only stand just so many movies.

I bit the bullet and emailed my pal and sock sister that I’ll be delayed. I really hated to do it, but it just wasn’t happening. (Yea, I’m the type who’s always early to appointments.) I’m working up a few ideas to make her waiting worthwhile.

Well, time for another nap.

3 Comments:

At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

I'm so glad your home and that your feeling better!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

So glad you are home & better. Recover peacefully...

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

Glad that you are feeling better and are HOME! Knitting will happen soon. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home