the knitting ref

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

No Grass Growing Under Our Feet

Found out that the American Cancer Society is holding a Relay for Life in our area the end of April. I've been wanting to participate in one of these things ever since my diagnosis, but the alignment of the stars (and schedules) has never been quite right. Finally, though, it looks like things are working out, and so I signed up to be a team caption for Team Green. I brought home the paperwork last night and handed off a pack to the Hubster.

Fast forward to this morning. I get a call (early) from said Hubster telling me that his boss had allowed him to make a presentation to his co-workers at a meeting and he'd already collected $150. Woo-Hoo!

I brought my stuff into work and in about an hour of it sitting in the lunch room have about $75 in donations. My competitiveness is coming out though. I have to beat him in donations. Want to help? You can make a donation online here.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ##name##, I'm trying to learn about lawncarelawn as spring is approaching. this year I plan on having the best yard in the neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home