the knitting ref

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Insert Title Here

While the Hubster is better, I am not. Seems the bug he had has caught up with me. At least it's trying to. I gave in this morning and stayed home from work. Spent the day on the couch. Between naps, I knitted.

These were going to be my sock pals socks. They may be yet. But Mama saw these and went bonkers over the yarn. (Why is it the real colors never come out in these pictures? In reality, what looks like light lilac is actually pink, and the turquoise is actually more green.) I actually was planning on using the STR Queen Rock for the mater's birthday (in May) socks as she digs them bright colors. Something these are not. I'll reserve judgment until I get further along. Speaking of further along, I'm actually ready to turn the heel on this one.

This is my second try at Mama's other birthday gifty. This is the South Slocan Scarf from the Knitting Pattern-A-Day calendar (Feb. 18 & 19). The first try on Sunday was with different yarn. Wasn't feeling the yarny love. It just wasn't squishy enough. So yesterday, I got some Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. And the yarny love started flowing. I'm through 6 (of 9) repeats. This is just up Mama's alley.

But I haven't been ignoring Mariah. Not at all. 7 more quick inches remain to be done on the right side, and it'll be time to start knitting all the pieces together. Yeah baby!

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

hey knittyref, I recently moved the Grand Inland Empire and have yet to find a super yarn shop. I'm looking for something more like a knittinghaven than a Michael's/Hobby Lobby MegaStore. Any suggestions? Thanks!!! (This was inspired by your Debbie Bliss note.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home