the knitting ref

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm Better Now

If you couldn't tell from my previous writings, I'll just tell you right now that I wholely and completely believe in God and that He keeps and protects us. Believe, don't believe, you can't change my mind. Why? Because no matter how bad things get, I keep having days like today to remind me how blessed I am.

Before I get into it, let me just say that I haven't been feeling all that great over the last week and I'm frankly a little worried about what kind of news I'm going to get at my dr.'s appointment in a couple weeks. I've been fairly successful at keeping my anxiety on the back burner though.

Until I woke up this morning, and the first thing, literally, I hear is that Dana Reeve had died, and how quickly the end had come. It hit me. Hard.

The Hubster was aleady at work, but I called him and he had to listen to be bawl for a while. Poor guy, he just absolutely couldn't leave work, although he desparately wanted to come and be with me. I called off work and had a brief pity party. Then, I called my parents, and Mom came running.

We wound up having a girls' day out. And it was exactly, precisely what I needed. After going by the Hubster's work so I could get and give a much-needed hug, Mom and I drove to Laguna Beach, and took a long walk on the beach. It was spectacular. It had been rainy the night before, and the clouds were dancing across the sky. The waves were bigger than normal, and we watched them crash on the rocks and listened to the soothing rhythm. We didn't talk about anything important. In fact, we hardly talked at all.

I remembered well into the trip that I hadn't grabbed the camera. At first I was really annoyed because, of course, there were several fantastic photo ops. But after a while, I realized I really should concentrate on internalizing the whole experience. The smell of the salt air. The brisk breeze on my cheeks. The warmth of the sun on my arms. The spectacular colors of the sky, clouds, sea, and sand. And by the time we got back to the car, I was much, much better.

After one of the best lunches I've had in a long time, we headed back home. I knitted for a while, making great progress on my scarf, and then, to cap off the day, I went on line to discover that 3 Relay donations have been made by people (knitters, of course) who were complete strangers.

How can I still feel bad after a day like that?

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad things got better as the day went on. I agree, knitters are the best...especially when we need eachother. Take care of yourself. Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home