the knitting ref

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Calling All Sockers

I need help from all the SockapalOOOza folks out there:

First of all, I got these 4 gorgeous Socks That Rock colorways from Blue Moon. One will be to make my SockapalOOOza socks. Here's where I need the help. Which 1 do I use? They're all so yummy. From left to right we have Queen Rock, Cobblestone County, Pebble Beach and Alina. My sock pal said that anything goes. I'll be using the (*Edited--just saw this pattern and have to do it) Happy Socks pattern to showcase the yarn. If you could leave me a comment and weigh in I can use the help.

The second thing is a request for help of a different kind. I am not good at asking for help although since my cancer diagnosis I've become better at it. Besides, the worst you can do is just click away from my blog, never to return. So here goes.

I am heading a team for our local Relay for Life fundraiser being put on by the American Cancer Society. I won't go into a huge long spiel about how cancer can change one's life. Trust me, it does. However, if you do want to read more, click here and here. Bottom line is, you WILL, at some point, know someone (probably several someones) who has or will be battling cancer. Money for education and research is desperately needed. (FYI, take a look at this year's federal budget; this is an area the prez is looking to cut.) The Relay is one way for me to do something about it.

Not that you all need any incentive (knitters are such givers) but for anyone who makes a donation of $10 or more, I will put their name in a drawing for one of the 4 STR colorways pictured above (your choice). Just click on the link below to make a donation, then leave me a comment and you're in.

If anything I've said has moved you at all or you'd just like to help, please go here and contribute.

Thank you.

4 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger JRS said...

Hi! My mom is battling pancreatic cancer so when I saw your appeal I donated $15, because I know this is important (not just because I want a chance at that awesome sock yarn, but that was a great incentive too!) I urge other sockapalooza people to do the same!
jillrachele

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I just donated to your cause as well. You make a good and impassioned spokesperson. Take care of yourself. You have my prayers and good wishes.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

I just donated, too. Thank you for writing your experience, and bringing awareness to those of us out here. Wishing you the best on the walk, and with your own struggle with cancer.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger rho said...

Donated $10 wish it could be more - wonder how many donations will be made for the knitting ref?? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home