the knitting ref

Sunday, March 19, 2006

3 Out of 5 Ain't Bad

When last we were together, I was listing these great plans for the weekend. And I kinda sort-a got some of them accomplished.

The serious housework? I'd say yes. Overall the house doesn't look markedly better, but there are some spots that look brilliant. For instance, the shower has been degunkafied and recaulked. The family room bookshelves have been deep cleaned and re-organized. Went through a couple cupboards and boxed up a bunch of stuff for the girl child to take to Goodwill tomorrow.

I swear I don't understand why I still have some of this stuff. Although some of it was good for a little chuckle. Years ago my mom gave me a bunch of *needle arts* books--you know knitting, crochet, sewing, embroidery, etc.--from the mid-70's. Well, most of them are going. But I just had to share this:

A pattern for a father/son sweater. That's not what had me giggling, though. And maybe you have to be a child of the 70's, but doesn't every father you know smoke a pipe while playing foozball with his son? The hairstyles had me shaking my head too. Course, I'm noticing that a lot of teenagers today are going for that kind of look. {Shudder.} When I showed the Hubster, he told me that he'd like a sweater like that. After which I told him he'd have to find someone else to knit it for him.

Moving on--knitting. Yes. Well. Getting the girl child to stand still long enough to check on sizing was a challenge, but it looks like Mariah is going to fit nicely. But that's as far as I got on that. The SSS? 1 and a 1/2 repeats. So that's on the home stretch. And although I looked longingly at the Lace Wrap and I wound the yarn, the needles are still empty.

Watched some March Madness but Sunday's NASCAR was rained out. And the Hubster and I did have our dinner date Friday night.

So is that 3 or 4? I tell ya, I lead such an exciting life I can hardly stand it.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

Oh how funny, my Grandma gave me one of those magazines this weekend too!! From 1979. There is one cool pattern for a full length cabled coat that is cool, but takes 32 balls of yarn!!! So not in my price range...but cool none the less.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I will post a pic on my blog tomorrow for you to look at!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home