the knitting ref

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Trekking

There will be much trekking going on around here. The first will occur almost immediately and courtesy of my SP.


This is Trekking XXL sock yarn in the Fiesta colorway. This is a yarn I have been curious about but had yet to grace my stash. It was accompanied with a note that says: I know the Broncos lost, but maybe you can start some "Bronco" socks during the Super Bowl and start the good vibes for next season. She goes on to say that it's "kind of" Bronco colors. I think it's fantastic. I like the yarn and I like the idea very much.

I think since I'll only be watching the game tomorrow for the commercials I'll cast on for the Dublin Bay Socks (I'd post a link but it's a pdf file). I've seen several versions of this pattern and am thinking about making it for my SockapalOOOza offering. This will give me a trial run.

The next trek after that will be President's Day weekend. We finally decided we'll be camping at San Clemente State Beach. I know you're thinking, the beach in February. Well, first of all, it's not like I'll be sunbathing (gotta focus on those Knitting Olympics afterall). Besides, we seem to have completely skipped winter this year. It was 80 degrees F yesterday.

And the lastly, we put down the deposit for our dream trip to New freaking Zealand! I'M SO EXCITED! Ooh, sorry about that, it's just that I'm. So. Excited. The Hubster and I will be making the grand tour of New Zealand in November. I can't wait. I'm so excited. (Oops, said that already, didn't I?)

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

Wahoo! New Zealand! How exciting. Congratulations on your upcoming trips and trekking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home