the knitting ref

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Irony

I have been married for almost 8 years to the bestest husband. When this man signed on for better or worse, he really meant it. Yes, there has been a great deal of better, but the "for worse" has been of the worst kind. And he has not only stood by me and mine, but has spent a great deal of the time carrying me.

Before meeting him, I spent almost 10 years as a single parent, and for 7 years before that in a horrible, horrible marriage. Valentine's Day was a day that I pretended didn't exist (except for the valentines for the kids).

So where does the irony come in? What am I thinking about instead of spending hours and hours planning on how to spend Valentine's Day with my nearest and dearest lavishing him with proper offerings of my love?

Olympic knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home