the knitting ref

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Good, The Bad (But No Ugly...Yet)

The Good:
My mailbox runneth over. My STR yarn arrived yesterday. I had forgotten until I was talking with Scout a couple days ago that I had ordered 4 skeins of the stuff. But now that it's here, I'm really glad. They're so purdy. From left to right: Alina. Pebble Beach. Queen Rock. Cobblestone County. One of these will be for my SockapalOOOza pal. Which one? Don't know. Got any ideas?

And those eagle-eyed among you may notice the bear in the middle. Isn't she darling? My mom got that for me from Avon. If you can't quite read it, the bag says "Knitting is my Bag." Too cute. And very sweet of mommy dearest to get it for me.
Now for The Bad:
I am admitting defeat. There is no way, short of finding a time turner, that I will complete this by Sunday night. I thought there was the slightest possibility of completion until last night. But I was too focused on Dancing with the Stars (wasn't Drew's freestyle adorable?) instead of my stitches, and dropped a stitch. Which of course ran the 4 rows to my lifeline. At least I had a lifeline.

But pulling back and putting almost 350 stitches back on the needle is just too much to overcome. Since I had it off the needles anyway, I decided to stretch it out and get a progress picture. I admit I pinned it out with a lot of trepidation. At this point if I had seen a major flub, I think it would have gone in the fireplace. As you can see, it has not been turned to ashes.

I'm not giving up though. I will continue until the Olympic flame is extinguished Sunday, but I can already hear other projects beckoning. But that's another post.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Fighting to the end! Way to go! You got a lot done and it looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home