the knitting ref

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Gearing Up

Like many of the other Olympic athletes, I spent the evening going over how I’ll be spending my time during the Olympics.

First, I’ve gathered my equipment.

Fiber Trends Spirit of the Southwest Shawl pattern. Check.
Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud Autumn colorway (4 balls wound, 1 spare). Check.
Knitting needles (4 different kinds and sizes, for pity sake). Check.
Crochet hook. Check.
Yarn needle with crochet thread for lifelines. Check.
Stitch markers. Check.
Row counter. Check.
Misc. paper, pens, tape measure. Check.


I’ve carefully reviewed my pattern. I’ve laid out a plan of attack. The pattern is knit from the center back neck down (and out). By my admittedly bad math abilities, it looks like this pattern calls for almost 56,000 stitches. Divide that by 15 days (I’m saving 1 for blocking), and that rounds out to 3,700 stitches a day! And that’s provided I don’t make any mistakes. Yowza.

Nonetheless, I’m psyched and I’m ready. Come lunch hour on Friday (the opening ceremonies start at 11:00 a.m. my time), I will be casting on.

Let the games begin!

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous SP said...

Good luck with your Olympic knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home