the knitting ref

Monday, February 06, 2006

Competitive? Not Me



My SP7 suggested that I cast on these socks during the Super Bowl in order to start the good karma going for the Broncos next year. And so, that's what I did. What you see is 3 inches of Dublin Bay socks knitted on size 1 needles. I didn't really get going on them until shortly after the start of the second quarter as I was busy finishing preparation of din-din (ribs, potato salad, green salad & rolls-- yummers) and eating. Definitely eating.

Then, as I'm cruising the blogs, I see Scoutj's Super Bowl challenge. Looks like I participated without meaning to. Can't pass up the opportunity, now can I?

In other news, I got an intriguing email from my sock pal. She (He?) says she's (he's?) "someone far, far away (literally across an ocean)." Do I have an international sock pal? Or is she saying that just to throw me off track? Don't know, don't care. I'm just having fun. Hello sock pal.

Tonight I swatched for my Knitting Olympics shawl challenge. Right on gauge. I have a few more supplies to collect before Friday, but that shouldn't be a problem. I also spend some time looking over the pattern. Hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew. I really want this shawl. I hope I'm up to the challenge.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Scoutj said...

Good job!! I love the colors too!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for the kind words on my Jaywalkers! I missed the Superbowl challenge, but I'll join you for the Olympics!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger BookishKnitster said...

Perfect color for Broncos rooting! Good luck with the Knitting Olymics. The shawl pattern is beautiful. What color/type yarn are you using? I fear that I, too, may have overestimated my knitting agility...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home