the knitting ref

Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 is Coming!

Got the notice that I should find out who my SP7 pal is by Friday. I can't wait. In order to be properly prepared, I guess I better get cracking and answer "the questions":

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I won't not knit with RH or LB, but some yarns just feel better than others. Some projects, however, are just better accomplished with "lesser" yarns.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I just bought a spindle and am trying to teach myself how to spin. I have crocheted for years but have had to drastically cut back due to carpal tunnel syndrome.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have 3 generations of needles/hooks, and so I keep them in a ginormous plastic divided case. Not pretty, but it keeps everything together.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I was originally taught when I was a kid, but have only really picked it up in the last 3 years. I would put my skill level at an intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, there just hasn't been time!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I am definitely a "spice girl" in this regard--vanilla, cinnamon and the like. Citrus is another favored scent.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I am a chocoholic from the word go. My favoritist candy in the whole world is Dove Dark Chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Oh dear, I could use up a lot of bandwidth here. I sew, cross stitch, needlepoint, do stained glass, quilling, flower arranging, woodworking, and all kinds of home improvement projects around the house (heck, the house is just one big DIY project).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) It's easier to say that about the only kind of music I don't like is rap and hip hop. Now I don't want to brag, but the Hubster and I have a huge CD collection, and I know there's several CD is just about every category there is. The computer can play CD's, but this is one area in which I have no expertise.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Hands down--green. I also like all the "earth tones" (Gawd, how 70's does that sound?) I am not particularly partial to pinky pink (rose heading toward burgandy is o.k. though).

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? As my profile states, I'm married with 2 adult (in age only) children. 5 cats, 3 dogs and 1 bird are my only pets. ;-)

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Love scarves and mittens, not so much on the hats and ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I'm an alpaca freak. There, I said it.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not much of a mohair person, although I just finished a little angel with a mohair blend and it wasn't too bad.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Lace, lace, and more lace.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? See #15.

17. What are you knitting right now? On the needles this minute--Branching Out, Spirit of the Southwest Shawl, another Kitty Pi, and 2 pair of socks.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Those are the best kind!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I'm an equal opportunity needler. It's more dependent on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I've become a huge fan of bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I've got both and I love them.

22. How did you learn to knit? My mother and both grandmothers had a hand (pardon the pun) in my knitting education.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Knitting--only about 1-1/2 years. Cross-stitch? My daughter is almost 20 and I started a Xmas stocking when she was 2 months old. You do the math.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Animated character--Tasmanian Devil or Grumpy the Dwarf. (Hum, wonder what that says about my personality???)

25. What is your favorite holiday? Do I have to pick a favorite? Sorry, but I'm one of those "nuts" who has an article of clothing of Valentines, St. Patrick's, 4th of July, etc., and decorates accordingly

26. Is there anything that you collect? I didn't start the collection myself, but I've been given so many angels, especially since I was diagnosed with cancer, that now I'm hooked.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave and Family Circle Knitting (whatever the heck it is they're calling it now).

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Nothing that I can specifically think of. I would enjoy, however, trying a "whatever" that my SP thought was particularly enjoyable.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Cables and knitting continental better.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yup. My foot is 9 inches long, 8-3/4 inches in circumference.

31. When is your birthday? October 5.

Finito!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home