the knitting ref

Friday, January 27, 2006

Progress At Last

I didn't do much of anything last night--the day was too busy. Our court had an outreach program at a local high school. That always involves a lot of running around, but I really enjoy connecting with the kids. We really had a good group. With teenagers you never know what you're going to get, but there was lots of interaction.

In the afternoon, I went to watch the niecelet play H.S. soccer. She scored a goal and the team won. I was really proud of her because it really took some second effort to score. She has grown so much as a player this season.

After the game, I did stop by the LYS. I needed a size 6 circ. to do my shawl for the Knitting Olympics. And like any elite athlete (read knitter), I need top-of-the-line equipment in order to perform at my optimum level. Right? Right? (Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) So I seccumbed to the Addi Turbos. I also bought a size 7 Addi Natura for the rest of Mariah.

But the day took it's toll. I was too pooped. I was also too aggravated to really want to pick up Mariah. I had been making slow progress, but Wednesday night I had to re-knit the same 5 rows twice. I quit when I realized I needed to frog it a 3rd time.

So it wasn't until this evening that I picked the sleeve up for a 3rd time, frogged the problem area,and put it on the new Addi. This time, no problems. I like these needles. They made it so much easier. (Or maybe it's all in my mind. Who cares. It worked.)



I'm less than 2 inches from moving on to the back. I'm ready. Really, really ready. The joy of learning to do cables has given way (a long time ago) to tedium.

Well, off to bed no. We have early morning games to referee, and I really want to get my garden beds ready for planting this weekend. With this chemo, I have a feeling a nap or 2 may also be in order.

Addis rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home