the knitting ref

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy


Another FO! These socks were started back in October (September?) and put on hold for Xmas knitting. The picture is still in their pre-blocked form. This was a sock-of-the-month club offering from TheKnitter.com. The pattern is Rocks and Trails. The yarn is by Silja. It was a good pattern. I'm glad I got it; I don't think it's a pattern I would have tried on my own.

I had a hard finishing them cause I was glued to the t.v. Let me start by saying that I have been an anti-fan of reality television shows. I hate Survivor, Fear Factor, American Idol, The Bachelor, you name it. As far as I'm concerned, they are hideous shows with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. But, God help me, I am totally and completely hooked on Dancing With the Stars. I've always loved dancing and I can't stand to miss a minute of this show. I haven't picked a favorite yet, not like last season when I was for John O'Hurley from day 1. Crazy!

I've also been busy getting together my first package to my SP7 pal. Fingers crossed, it'll be ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I can't post any pictures of what I'm sending though, cause I was a doofus and sent an email to my pal with my real name. I gotta keep some mystery. Sigh.

I have yet to hear from my pal yet. I guess I'll just have to be surprised when the first package shows up.

This is the next project I'm casting on for. Yes, I'm jumping on 2 bandwagons at once. The yarn is Socks That Rock that has everyone buzzing. And I can see why. It feels so goooood! The color is called carbon dating, and it's yummy.

And the second bandwagon? Well, I'm going to use this yummy yarn to make Jaywalker. I'm looking forward to doing Sockapaloooza (again), and I want to test this pattern on me before it starts.

The girl child and I also got together and finally agreed on the yarn she wants for her sweater. It's going to be Mariah, and I'm going to use the Paton's Classic Merino Wool in Dark Olive. The socks will be my travel project, and the sweater will be for here at home. Since Monday is a court holiday (Yeah!), I'm hoping to spend a good portion of the day knitting. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home