the knitting ref

Thursday, October 20, 2005


I want to see if I can recreate the same post as I did in my AOL journal. This is the picture I put in and here's my post:

There it is. An FO for the Weasley Knitalong. A co-worker is big into all things HP. I discovered he is dressing up as someone from the Slytherin House for Halloween, but was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't find a scarf. Me, who of course cnanot seem to keep my mouth shut, offered to make him one. In truth, it was the perfect project for last weekend, so I'm not complaining too much. One thing I did discover with this project is that, with a summer of lace and fingering weight yarns, working with the heavier yarn was a lot more tiring than I expected.
The pattern is from here. The yarn is boring old Red Heart Sport (3 ply) Acrylic in Hunter Green. Since Red Heart does not make a gray in sport weight, I took the Red Heart Worsted Weight (4 ply) and stripped one of the plys. For the little bit I needed for the scarf, it was pretty easy. (Wouldn't want to do it for very much more though.) I used about 3 1/2 skeins of the green and less than 1 of the gray (sorry I lost the band so I can't provide the exact color). It measures 7 X 75 inches without fringe.
Steve has already had a preview while I worked on it during my lunch hour, and he was very enthusiastic about it. Sorry for the indoor, night-time with a flash picture, but I just finished it and I plan to hand it off tomorrow as the giftee has a party he wants to wear it to this weekend.
This will be the end of my participation in the Weasley Knitalong, at least until after the holidays. There are way too many Xmas projects that I haven't even started, and of course, I'm sloooowwwllyy plugging along on Spirit. I am so loving this shawl. I wish I could work on it exclusively, but then what would I give my friends and family for Xmas? What do you think of a picture of me in Spirit? Hmmmmmmm.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Rob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

That almost makes me want to knit a Slytherin scarf ... the colors look great.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Erin said...

nice scarf, it looks great! I just started a gryffindor scarf yesterday -- about how long did it take you to finish yours?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home