the knitting ref

Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's Saturday, it's September, there must be soccer.

But not as much soccer as there used to be. The girl child has aged-out of AYSO, but there's still the boy child and my niece. BC is still an under 19 player. They won. BC had an assist and then had to play over 3/4's of the game in goal 'cause the main goalkeeper got injured. The coach (and especially me hates it when B is in the goal cause they lose a lot of offense. But it worked out o.k. The Tiff (niece) also won her game. So, 2 games, 2 wins. Not bad.

I actually refereed a U10 game today. When they called earlier in the week, I said I'd do a game, but then thought I'd regret it. I woke up with a stitch in my side that wouldn't go away, and I really thought I'd regret it. But, not only did I do my assigned game, I stepped in and did the second half of the game before cause they were running so late. And I'm not stiff or sore or anything. Pretty cool.

On the knitting front, I'm working on Kiri with some more yummy alpaca from Knitpicks. I've done 25 rows, but it's still so small! Oh well, it'll get bigger soon. I tried working on this on the bus yesterday morning, but the needles I was trying to use just weren't working. At lunch I went to the LYS and got some bamboo ones that are much better.

I stuck with my sock for the ride home. I can't believe what I did. (Well, actually I can, but at some point in my life you'd think I'd learn.) Wednesday night, I finished my MD scarf just before going to bed. Well, I got up the next morning and, as I was heading out the door, I realized I had NO KNITTING PROJECT! I just grabbed some needles and some sock yarn, and headed out the door. I had to do bloodwork, so while I was waiting, I cast on for just a plain stockinette sock with some stripey Moda Dea yarn. It's not really doing a whole lot for me, although I like the color combinations, and it's going to be a fast project, so I just plod my way through.

Speaking of through, I now have 3 (can you believe?!?) FO's. My sock pal's socks; Branching Out, and now the MD scarf. Tomorrow, I'll take them out in the good light and get some pictures for posting. Until then . . .

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger lewisprice27927171 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home